Sunday, April 25, 2010

The to-do list and other musings.

Well, so what is happening. We've been in the new house a few months now. We have also decided that we are NOT waiting for a few years this time before we do 'all those projects'. So, so far, the Kitchen (new appliances, new washer/dryer, new cabinets-sink-faucet, light fixtures. So far we haven't gotten the floor yet, but it's in a "as soon as we find the right thing" status.

I have to admit, I've kind of enjoyed moving back to Franklin. I wanted to move closer to home. PA was a great experience and met some great friends I hope to have forever. But home is home. I really like being around my family. Yes, we have our issues like every family. But it's family. I am not sure I had the appreciation I have now if we hadn't moved to PA for a while.

I got to go to the FIRST nephew birthday party. Yes, it's not much but it was AWESOME. I know I'm a little biased, but my nephews are so cute, and funny, and such a joy. Yes, they can be too much some times. But hey, they are only acting their age. Pure, innocent, curious.

I sometimes wish I could go back and learn it again. I wonder what type of man I would be today. That is not to say I'm not proud of the man I am. I am self sufficient. I have probably the best wife a man could ask for. I have friends who care about me, and that I care about.

The only thing I really wish I could have changed, is who I lost while I was in PA. No, I'm not saying that if I hadn't move it would have changed anything. But it doesn't remove the big hole I have. I won't type more on that, it just makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment